I apologize to all my non-Mormon readers who may not understand the reason for this post.
I have a firm testimony of the Priesthood and the way it is distributed in our church. I do not want to tell anyone else how to feel or what to think. I do not wish to involve myself in the current debate over this issue. I make no judgments and offer no acceptance of people/opinions on either side of the argument. There is more than enough viscera and self-righteousness on both sides to go around. And also much truth and honest seeking.
The purpose of this post is simply to share a bit of personal revelation I received when studying this issue and pondering it in my heart. I hope it helps someone find the answers they are looking for.
It is this. Men are not given the responsibilities and callings they are given because they hold the Priesthood; they are given the Priesthood in order that they might fulfill the roles which are divinely theirs.
I offer this in the name of Jesus Christ, amen.
**********
Comments are closed for this post.