SITS activity number 2: write a list post in 10 minutes.
**********
I am fairly certain that everyone reading this has made a To Do list at one time or another. Whether you've lived up to it or not is a different thing entirely. Some people like to keep a running list, prioritized, with whatever is unfinished at the end of the day rolling over to the next day's list. Not me. I like to finish everything on my list; I'm kind of maniacal about it.
Since I've been unwell, I have had to alter my To Do lists. Sometimes there is just one thing on it for a day. And I get so frustrated by my inability to complete a real list.
So today, to honor myself and all others who may be struggling to check off their entire lists, I offer a Do Not list. Some of these will be a little tricky to accomplish, but I have faith in myself. And in you. Please accept the challenge to check off everything on this list.
Do NOT:
* Turn stupid, irritating people into frogs. No, none of them.
* Throw rocks at your children's heads no matter how much eye rolling they give you.
* Shoot, eviscerate, and roast on a spit the neighbor's eternally barking dog.
* Use mind control on people to get what you want; it's just not nice.
* Accept the nomination for President of the United States (or any other country).
* Spike your family's food with a sedative so that you can get more sleep.
* Walk on the ceiling just to prove that you are stronger than the earth's gravity.
* Stage a military coup to overthrow the government.
* Use a fire hose to clean your house by blowing it all out the back door.
* Burn the house down as an alternative to cleaning it.
* Travel to Mars just to prove that Martians are not green. (They are red, duh.)
* Reveal your secret identity.
* Follow the rainbow and steal the Leprechaun's gold; again, not nice.
* Create a clone of yourself so that you can rest while she works.
* Take over the world. (That will have to wait for another day, Pinky.)