Thursday, May 6, 2010

There Was a Time

There was a time when -

* I ran everywhere I went because I had so much energy.
* I was afraid all the time.
* After a long car ride someone carried me to my bed.
* I spent my summers on horseback, in a tree, or on the mountain hunting for monarch caterpillars on milkweed plants.
* I dreaded going home.
* I felt new life move within me.
* I was sad all the time.
* I bottle fed lambs.
* I danced.
* I was happy all the time.
* I slept over at my grandma's house.
* I felt anything was possible.
* I wanted to kill myself.
* I never stopped talking.
* I was afraid to speak up.
* I went to bed for a year and a half.
* I found hope.

Everything is transitory in this life.  I need to remember that more.  To help me endure the difficult times.  To help me treasure the beautiful times.