Wednesday, February 10, 2010

My Comment on Comments

One of the most difficult things about writing a blog, for me anyway, is knowing how to handle comments.

I love comments on my blog.  I love knowing that people are reading and enjoying what I'm writing.  And I'd love to respond if that's what you want.  Or not, if you don't.

I have sometimes responded to a comment in the comment section, never knowing if the person who left the comment would think to come back and check for a comment on their comment.  (See, it is confusing.)

Sometimes I've responded with an email, if I had their email address and thought it was important.  Some people comment on facebook; they're easy to respond to.  Others comment in person -- again, easy to respond to.

But may I just take this opportunity to say thank you to everyone who has ever commented on my blog.  Your comments touch me and encourage me and make me laugh.  But mostly they just make me grateful.

And to you who don't comment because you can't come up with something clever to say, and you know who you are, I welcome your comments when you're ready.  It doesn't have to be pithy.  I welcome all comments:  nice, snotty, silly -- even BORING.  Whatever.  Remember, I have the power to delete those comments if they really bother me.

Please don't feel slighted if I don't respond.  I'm just not really sure how to handle that part of blogging yet.