Remember when you were a kid and the word downhill was magical? It meant you'd made it to the top of the hill and could almost fly down. The thrill of danger. The joy of easy speed. The pride in your hard work that got you to the top.
Once you hit 40, downhill doesn't mean that anymore. Downhill is now a bad thing.
Your health is going downhill. Your looks are going downhill. Your memory is going downhill.
Now I know that there are plenty of 40-year olds who are doing better than ever. Plenty who still look great and have it all together. For now. But they're just delaying the inevitable.
Because it's not like it used to be. When you were a kid and something went wrong with your body, it healed. You felt miserable, for a few days. You worked hard and were tired and sore, the next day.
Now it might take a week or more to recover from an intense day. When something goes wrong with your body or you feel miserable it might not get better.
And it requires a mind shift.
I'm not saying to give up. I'm not saying to quit trying to improve your health.
I am saying, "Be realistic."
You will never feel like you did when you were twenty. Never again.
Suck it up and deal with it. You're more than a grown up. You're a grown old.