As if you needed another reason. As if the swooning teen girls (and far too many of their mothers) were not reason enough. As if rewriting the myth of vampires to suit her needs was not enough. As if the fact that her shallow and salacious writing gets compared to -- I'm so ashamed to even say this -- Harry Potter with all its depth and development and, um, intelligence was not enough.
May I just say that even with all of that, I think there is a more important reason to feel disdain and loathing for the woman (or maybe it's her people, but still her fault).
She and the Twilight franchise have completely and unabashedly hijacked the red-black-white color scheme.
These used to be classy colors. Colors you wear to a formal ball. Colors of a contemporary wedding reception. Even really hot lingerie.
But not now. Now red-black-white means vampires. Mainly one vampire trying not to eat his girlfriend, the love of his life.
"When he looks at me with those eyes, and I know he wants to kill me but won't, that's how I know he loves me."
Come on! Really? This is love?
I'm not going into a full rant about Twilight here. There's just not enough time or exclamation points for my true feelings.
But I will not surrender red-black-white to her. I will not let those colors make me see the black cover, pale hands, and red apple (as in forbidden fruit -- duh).
When I see those colors I am determined that I will see Victoria's Secret on Valentine's Day. And I will feel good about it. So there.