Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Testing . . .

I have considered blogging for a very long time.  I've even started a couple of times before.  But I've deleted them.  They weren't what I wanted.

I've been concerned about writing a blog.  You see, my personal filters are somewhat permeable.

I begin this blog knowing that I will offend people.  I will hurt feelings.  I will share too much information.  I know this about myself, so I offer this disclaimer up front.  Enter at your own risk.

That being said, I will try to remember that this is for popular consumption.

I have no idea what I'm doing.  Things will be a mess for a bit while I figure this all out.

I do not intend to make my blog cute.  I do not intend to dress it up.  In my heart of hearts I am a minimalist.  My life may not reflect this, but my blog will.

However, I type pretty fast and never lack for something to say.  I promise nothing about length.  I promise nothing about consistency.

I am an eclectic person and expect that my writing will be eclectic as well.

And I tend to speak (and write) in metaphors.

That being said, I feel as though I am standing on the end of the high dive trying to talk myself into jumping.  I can do this.  Here I go.  I'm going to do it. 


- closes eyes -

One . . . two . . . three . . . *splash*