Friday, March 21, 2014

The Priesthood

I apologize to all my non-Mormon readers who may not understand the reason for this post. 

I have a firm testimony of the Priesthood and the way it is distributed in our church.  I do not want to tell anyone else how to feel or what to think.  I do not wish to involve myself in the current debate over this issue.  I make no judgments and offer no acceptance of people/opinions on either side of the argument.  There is more than enough viscera and self-righteousness on both sides to go around.  And also much truth and honest seeking.

The purpose of this post is simply to share a bit of personal revelation I received when studying this issue and pondering it in my heart.  I hope it helps someone find the answers they are looking for.

It is this.  Men are not given the responsibilities and callings they are given because they hold the Priesthood; they are given the Priesthood in order that they might fulfill the roles which are divinely theirs.

I offer this in the name of Jesus Christ, amen.

**********

Comments are closed for this post.

Labels: ,