Sunday, February 9, 2014

Like a Broken Vessel

I needed this today.

This is a beautiful, powerful, and much needed message from a prophet of God about depression.  I believe there is strength and truth in this message for anyone who struggles with depression or loves someone who does, regardless of your chosen religion. 

It hurts.  And it's hard.  And sometimes you feel like a failure who should be stronger.  But having someone acknowledge how difficult it is and that it's a serious illness and not a sign of weakness or sin helps.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Bonnie said...

Yes. It was a good talk. I pair this one with Pres. Monson's talk to the women in which he acknowledged the terrible experience the woman with PPD was having. I really, really loved that one too.

February 9, 2014 at 8:06 PM  
Blogger Sharybary said...

This was very encouraging and insightful, I thought!

February 9, 2014 at 10:35 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home