Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Going to War

There is a memory.  A memory that holds more power over me than anything else ever has.  A memory that has been there for as long as I can remember.  And beyond.  A memory that taunts me.  A memory that hides.  A memory that I sense but don't see.

It is strong.  It is elusive.  It is haunting.

And I am going to battle against it.

Most of the time, it lies hidden.  Tightly protected in its cage.  Just out of my reach.

But right now it is exposed.  And right now I am strong.  And right now I have an army behind me.

I am frightened.  But I am going to war.

3 comments:

The Dose of Reality said...

You are strong. You can face anything. I'm thinking of you and praying for you, friend. --Lisa

Melissa G. said...

Sometimes forgetting things isn't the curse it's remembrance. Stay strong.

Organized Island said...

Wishing you strength and hope in your battle...you have a lot of people behind you in the blogosphere.