Tuesday, October 1, 2013

A Little Lighter

My world is a little lighter today.

I finally got to a place that I was able to practice some self-care.  It was like trying to walk while dragging heavy weights with each leg, but I did it.  And I feel a little better.

I scheduled some appointments with my therapist.  I spoke with him on the phone.  We are okay.  The relief I felt after scheduling and speaking with him for just a couple of minutes was amazing.  It matters that I have him in my corner.

I've been able to avoid most of my unhealthy coping mechanisms throughout the PTSD event and the depression.  I'm proud of myself for that.

I'm finding peace within myself.  A little at a time.

The storm isn't over, but the winds have died down for now.  I'll take it.

Labels: , , , , ,

8 Comments:

Blogger The Dose of Reality said...

Oh, I'm so glad to hear this!! It's absolutely great that speaking with your therapist was helpful!! You *should* be proud of yourself. I hope your little bit of peace grows and grows. --Lisa

October 1, 2013 at 5:10 AM  
Blogger MaggieJo said...

I'm glad the peace started. May Octoberween increase it!

October 1, 2013 at 7:36 AM  
Anonymous Sheila Skillingstead said...

Yay. The calm is such a blessing after a storm. I'm happy for you. I saw your comment on a post and popped right over when I saw the title of your blog. Enjoy your day and your week.

October 1, 2013 at 7:42 AM  
Anonymous Christy Hoover said...

Yes! I celebrate with you even in the smallest of victories! I am so glad that you had a good day on yesterday. May the rest of your week be pleasant.

October 2, 2013 at 8:45 AM  
Anonymous Angela Gilmore said...

A little light can make a big difference in a big darkness. I am glad you are in the calm.

October 2, 2013 at 11:26 AM  
Blogger Maureen Hitipeuw said...

I am sending you good thoughts and healing vibes. Lighter is good, may your journey becomes better too in time and the therapy will help you. Hugs!

October 2, 2013 at 10:49 PM  
Blogger Melissa G. said...

I'm glad you're feeling at peace

October 3, 2013 at 4:12 AM  
Blogger Sorta Southern Single Mom said...

This is good news!

October 4, 2013 at 4:24 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home