Saturday, January 8, 2011

Protect the Space/Time Continuum

The beginning of a new year is a great time for evaluation.  A time to think about where you are in life, what things you want to change, how to make a better you.

Poppycock!

Once a year to evaluate life?  Are you kidding me?  I do that at least once a week, sometimes every day.

Needless to say I do not make New Year's resolutions.  I tried a couple of times when I was younger and it was not a good thing.  I am a perfectionist at heart.  Like, to a clinical point.  So I don't do well when I mess up.  Really, really not well.  I know this about myself.  And since I haven't beaten the perfectionist thing yet I dropped the resolution thing instead.  Sometimes you need to honor your weaknesses.

However, I do believe in self-improvement.  I believe in changing life to make it what you want it to be.  And I am just now coming out of a dark time in my life.  A pretty big funk.  I am ready for some change and some light.

I am ready to get back to the quest of me.  Finding myself.  The true me that I want to be.  Connecting to purity and truth in the universe that will make me feel more whole.

Doesn't that sound nice.  Just reading it makes me take a deep breath and feel better.

I do want a focus, but nothing too specific and restrictive.  I want a more bohemian feel to it.  Loose and free-flowing.  Too much definition kills the peace that I am looking for.

I am going to protect the space/time continuum.  My space/time continuum.

Space and time are interesting things.  Both are infinite in the universe; however, both are limited in our individual lives. 

Because they are limited I want to use them wisely.  I am not happy when they slip by unnoticed and disappear into nothingness.  Never to be seen again.

I am concentrating more on my time.  Whom I choose to share it with.  What I choose to spend it on.  And refusing to let it be stolen.

Similarly, I am protecting and reclaiming my space.  Deciding who and what gets to share it with me.  It's not so much about getting rid of things that are taking it from me as it is creating more of the space I want.  That I crave.

It's not about cleaning and organizing.  It's not about scheduling better and saying no more often.  It's about choosing a better way of life for myself.  It's a paradigm shift.

It's about looking at life through a crystal, letting all the facets shine in majestic glory.  And letting them radiate in my soul.

Labels: , , , , ,

12 Comments:

Blogger Cheryl D. said...

Sounds like a good thing to do. I might have to do this as well. I just picked up some part-time work. It won't be that many hours, but it will be infringing on my blogging time. I think I'm going to have to read less blogs and maybe even post less often. I will see. Maybe I can use time more efficiently and it won't be too bad! LOL

January 9, 2011 at 12:32 AM  
Blogger Dawnelle said...

I love the part about looking at life through a crystal. That was poetry, Robin! I hope to look at life this way. Aaah, just reading it again makes me happy. :) Thanks!

January 9, 2011 at 6:52 AM  
Blogger MaggieJo said...

I love that you know yourself so well. Good luck with your paradigm shift.

January 9, 2011 at 8:56 AM  
Blogger MaggieJo said...

I love that you know yourself so well. Good luck with your paradigm shift.

January 9, 2011 at 8:56 AM  
Blogger Texan Mama @ Who Put Me In Charge said...

awesome post. Good things to think about for myself as well. I think I feel a blog post coming on...

January 9, 2011 at 1:48 PM  
Blogger Kazzy said...

I am always pulling for you, and a personal quest like this can be just what you need to get yourself back. Best of luck..

January 9, 2011 at 9:17 PM  
Blogger HeartBabyHome said...

New Year's resolutions make me sigh...but I made one last year that worked out:
never have the same regret two days in a row.

January 10, 2011 at 12:44 AM  
Blogger Michelle Saunderson said...

Okay, now I am feeling guilty for taking time to read blogs and basically wasting time....lol.

January 10, 2011 at 7:49 AM  
Blogger UrbanGypsy said...

I love this: " It's about looking at life through a crystal, letting all the facets shine in majestic glory. And letting them radiate in my soul." Fantastic. So Fantastic!

January 10, 2011 at 11:50 AM  
OpenID bluecottonmemory said...

Beautiful, Strong and free-spirited! Sounds like the perfect way to begin the year!

Happy New Year!

January 10, 2011 at 10:48 PM  
Blogger Stephi said...

Hey Miss Robin, A very happy New Year to you and I love your turn of phrase- poppycrock!

I was never really a fan of New Years Resolutions and it was only this year that I made them- however I would like to think of them as long term goals without a time limit. I need to make changes in my life.

What you said about time and space got me thinking and I am sure as mother, it is something you have to set clear boundaries on. I think I you have inspired me :)

January 12, 2011 at 6:12 AM  
Blogger Living in Taradise said...

Happy New Year to you! Hoping this year is a good one for you!

Thank you for stopping by my blog and helping to make it an awesome SITS feature day!

January 12, 2011 at 9:58 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home