Monday, November 8, 2010

Letter to a Friend -- Take Two

I think it's safe to say that I am in a heavily therapeutic place right now.  Focused on healing so much that I miss a lot.  One thing that proved this to me was my last post.

I don't think it was overly negative or anything, but it didn't even occur to me to write something positive.  Something praising.

Today it occurred to me.  So I want to try again.  There are so many people who have touched my life.  So many who saved me.  From myself.  From bad situations.  Whatever.

This is for them, with one in particular in mind.

**********

Dear Friend,

My heart is overflowing.  I have so much gratitude I don't know how to express it.  When I think of you, and the time we've spent together, I am ovewhelmed at my fortune.  I know God brought you into my life.  I am sure of this.

Do you know that you are God-like in your nature?  Do you know how much you radiate His love?  His tenderness?  His compassion and acceptance?  Do you know that hugging you is like being wrapped in His arms?

You make me feel safe.  You make me feel valued.  You make me feel wanted.  Do you know how rare that has been in my life?

You are amazing.  You fill me with awe.  I look at your life, at all you've been through, and wonder how you became so radiant.  How were you able to endure the darkest things in life and still shine so brightly?  It was your light that got me through some of the darkest times in my life.

You are such an example to me.  I aspire to be like you.  Sometimes when I'm trying to figure out what to do I ask myself what you would do.  I want to be like you.  You are one of the most Christ-like people I have ever met.

The way your face lights up when you see me.  It's overwhelming.  It floods me with love and value.  And I've watched as you give this gift to others.  Like whoever you are with is the most important person in the world.  Like there is nothing you would rather do than sit and be with this person.  With me.

Do you know your power?  Do you understand your greatness?

And no matter how long we are apart, I am welcomed back with love every time.  Never judged for staying away, for being busy, for not staying in touch.  Just loved.

Do you understand how rare you are?

I love you.  I love you so much it makes my heart hurt.  I love you for what you've done and for who you are.

And I praise God every day for bringing you into my life.  Thank you for being willing.  Thank you for letting Him guide you.  Thank you -- for everything.

Love,
Robin

Labels: , , , ,

8 Comments:

Blogger MaggieJo said...

Thank you, for all the different parts of you. I love them all and wanted to let you know, your blogs lift me up on my sad sad days. And make brighter my good days.

November 8, 2010 at 9:04 AM  
Blogger BlackEyedDog said...

this was moving...in very positve way =) Very good job...but great people really do inspire to write great things^^

xoxo

November 8, 2010 at 11:49 AM  
Blogger Kristy said...

There's just nothing much better than a good friend. :)

November 9, 2010 at 4:26 PM  
Blogger EmptyNester said...

Following you from SITS...working on my letter to a friend. You can find me here: http://emptynest1.blogspot.com/

November 9, 2010 at 5:44 PM  
Blogger Brandy said...

Very touching. I have a great friend like that too! They are rare and so special.

November 9, 2010 at 8:40 PM  
Blogger Running Circles said...

I love both posts Robin--I've felt both responses in my lifetime as I'm sure most people have. I think you have captured both feelings well. If I had to choose one, it would be this one though, because I am just captivated by people that radiate. Good work!

November 10, 2010 at 4:53 AM  
Anonymous Kimberly said...

Love this. So heartfelt. I have a friend who represents every word you wrote, and I'm grateful every single day for her presence in my life.

May 21, 2011 at 4:36 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

Stopping by from SITS.

What a wonderful tribute to your friend.
We should all have a friend like that.

May 21, 2011 at 8:55 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home