Saturday, September 18, 2010

Hee-eere's Robin!

Old Tonight Show reference.  You probably don't get it unless you're over 35.  (It might make a little more sense after you read my post -- so go check it out.)

I am guest posting today over at depressions and confessions.  (I can't capitalize it because she doesn't.  It's kind of making me nuts not capitalizing it, but I'll try to let it go.)

depressions and confessions (okay, that one really makes me crazy because it's at the beginning of a sentence) is written by Alexis, a beautiful and very intelligent young woman.  No wonder people are afraid of her.

She is direct and will discuss anything and everything.  She's struggled with depression and believes it's important to discuss mental health issues, to take away some of the stigma.  Remind you of anyone you know?

Maybe that's why I enjoy her blog so much.  If she has an opinion, she shares it.  She doesn't apologize for it.  And she welcomes differing opinions (but please try to be respectful about it).  She's open about her life and her flaws. 

I love her Awkward Thursday posts where she writes about things that may be tough for some.  One of my favorites is self-sabotage and the modern woman.  Another important post was the life that might have been, about her miscarriage.  A topic too many people understand personally.  And her favorite recent post is marriage before midgets, or how she chooses to put her marriage first.

Some of her writings get people all stirred up.  I love her no-apologies, make-you-think style.  I think you will, too.

And if you're new to my blog, welcome.  It's pretty easy to navigate.  My favorite posts are over there on the top right corner.  Make sure you read the Warning and About Me boxes so you know what you're getting yourself into.  My blog is where I empty my head.  These are some of the things my blog will never be/have.  I'm known to get a little snarky.  I also fight depression on a semi-regular basis; sometimes I win, sometimes not so much.  I try to keep the heavier mental health issues on my other blog, The Difficult Things.

If I haven't driven you off yet, stay a while and take a look around.  Welcome to my world.  And don't mind the mess.

Labels: , , , ,

11 Comments:

Blogger BlackEyedDog said...

Congrats^^ I love her blog...will definitely check out your post =)

xoxo

September 18, 2010 at 4:12 AM  
Blogger Cheryl D. said...

I love you blog! I think you're honest and no-holds-bar either! And Gotta love the snark!

September 18, 2010 at 9:17 AM  
Anonymous Roo {NiceGirlNotes} said...

Hi Robin! Visiting from depressions & confessions! Alexis is great, no? Read your post so I thought I'd come say hiiiiii.

September 19, 2010 at 10:59 AM  
Blogger alexis said...

wait, what? people are afraid of me? lol! what people are you referring to?

September 19, 2010 at 9:43 PM  
Blogger {Not Quite} Susie said...

I found you on her blog & am very glad I did- your blog is great as well. I'm going to be sticking around! :)
ps. Hey- I'm 21 & know who Johnny Carson is, thankyouverymuch! ;)

September 20, 2010 at 12:01 AM  
Blogger Just Another Person said...

I love the part where you said you fight your depression on semi-regular basis. I think that's true for me too.

September 20, 2010 at 4:47 PM  
OpenID The Local Cook said...

Thank you for stopping by on my SITS Day, I love your blog. As someone who also has depression, it's to nice to find people who understand.

September 21, 2010 at 10:37 AM  
Blogger Carrie said...

Thanks for stopping in on my bliggity blog. Props to you Mrs. Guest Writer. I love Depressions and Confessions, did that help to read it capitalized? :)

September 22, 2010 at 1:57 AM  
Blogger Diva said...

I appreciate that you are doing your blog you way. Thanks for visiting my SITS Day.

September 22, 2010 at 5:51 PM  
Anonymous Libby said...

Perfect as always Miss Robin. And yes I got the Hee-eere's Robin reference.

September 23, 2010 at 12:03 AM  
Blogger Mrs. Smith said...

I sometimes prefer the dark corners but try not to stay there too long - sometimes easier said than done. Keep writing, else if your like me, the head will explode.

Visiting from SITS

September 24, 2010 at 7:46 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home