Thursday, May 6, 2010

There Was a Time

There was a time when -

* I ran everywhere I went because I had so much energy.
* I was afraid all the time.
* After a long car ride someone carried me to my bed.
* I spent my summers on horseback, in a tree, or on the mountain hunting for monarch caterpillars on milkweed plants.
* I dreaded going home.
* I felt new life move within me.
* I was sad all the time.
* I bottle fed lambs.
* I danced.
* I was happy all the time.
* I slept over at my grandma's house.
* I felt anything was possible.
* I wanted to kill myself.
* I never stopped talking.
* I was afraid to speak up.
* I went to bed for a year and a half.
* I found hope.

Everything is transitory in this life.  I need to remember that more.  To help me endure the difficult times.  To help me treasure the beautiful times.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Bonnie said...

I can't believe you wrote this! Sue and I were just talking yesterday about how everything needs maintenance. It is hard to see something you've built and made beautiful slide, but it happens. There is no "arrived." There is only maintenance, keeping on, and that's actually a really good thing. It means that in this moment, anything is possible, and nothing has to be permanent. I love your soul.

May 6, 2010 at 8:01 AM  
Blogger Kazzy said...

We are such a conglomerate, aren't we? I liked learning new things about you. :)

May 7, 2010 at 1:01 AM  
Blogger Katy said...

I really liked the horseback one. How cool was that?

May 9, 2010 at 10:14 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home