Monday, April 12, 2010

I Love Getting Intimate

Verbally, that is.

I love the one-on-one conversation.  Face to face.  Eye to eye.  Soul to soul.

It's best when there will be no interruptions.  And it only really works when both participants are interested.

But when two people choose to be honest with each other, open about who they are and how they feel, trusting that they are loved and accepted by the other person -- it's magical!

It can be deep.  It can be shallow.  It just needs to be real in order to have power.

When I am fortunate enough to have conversation like this, I am more.  I am more because this person chose to give of themselves to me.  They gave me part of who they are.  Usually, a tender part.  A precious part.

And when this part is added to all that I am, I grow. 

It takes a brave soul to allow others to see them purely.  To see them unvarnished.  Uncovered.  Open.  Flaws and all.

And only through conversations like this can we truly come to know that it is the flaws that make us beautiful.

2 comments:

Kristen said...

I am not good at intimate conversation. I tend to keep to myself. I feel like as my kids are getting older, I'm doing better. I have to learn to open up.

Kazzy said...

I am an intimate person and really thrive on good, close relationships, as you may already know. Obviously this works best when the other people are just as interested.

Great post. I think I learned something new about you here.