Monday, April 19, 2010

Changed My Mind

I'm going back to blogging when I feel like it.

I've done the five days a week thing.  It just didn't work for me. 

Yes, I can write that often.  Even when I don't feel like it.  I can push myself.  I can set my own schedule and stick to it.  It was good to know this about myself.

But I don't like it.  I feel rushed.  It doesn't bring me the same joy.  I'm a fly-by-the-seat-of-my-pants, make-it-up-as-I-go, bohemian type.  I don't like feeling obligated.

Turns out, structure isn't really my thing.

I want to feel what I write instead of feeling like I am doing an assignment.  That's why when I want to learn something I read about it or study it instead of taking a class.

My days of answering to someone else are over.  I don't need grades to tell me whether I've learned something or not.

And I don't need consistency.  Not in this.

Back to the unpredictable -- where I am comfortable.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Dona said...

I will love it when you post and it will be OH SO exciting when I see your name at the top of my list showing a new title from misssrobin. You bohemian you.

April 19, 2010 at 1:34 AM  
Blogger Yarell said...

i like unpredictable. it's more fun and exciting when you don't quite know what's next.

April 19, 2010 at 8:04 AM  
Blogger DarthBillgr said...

Yay! Stick it to the Man!!!

April 21, 2010 at 12:40 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home