Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Testing . . .

I have considered blogging for a very long time.  I've even started a couple of times before.  But I've deleted them.  They weren't what I wanted.

I've been concerned about writing a blog.  You see, my personal filters are somewhat permeable.

I begin this blog knowing that I will offend people.  I will hurt feelings.  I will share too much information.  I know this about myself, so I offer this disclaimer up front.  Enter at your own risk.

That being said, I will try to remember that this is for popular consumption.

I have no idea what I'm doing.  Things will be a mess for a bit while I figure this all out.

I do not intend to make my blog cute.  I do not intend to dress it up.  In my heart of hearts I am a minimalist.  My life may not reflect this, but my blog will.

However, I type pretty fast and never lack for something to say.  I promise nothing about length.  I promise nothing about consistency.

I am an eclectic person and expect that my writing will be eclectic as well.

And I tend to speak (and write) in metaphors.

That being said, I feel as though I am standing on the end of the high dive trying to talk myself into jumping.  I can do this.  Here I go.  I'm going to do it. 


- closes eyes -

One . . . two . . . three . . . *splash*

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger CHERRANNE said...

:-) Robin. LOVE IT. This test comes through loud and clear. I love How You are True to Yourself. I am proud of You. xoxoxoxox ♥

October 22, 2009 at 12:20 AM  
Blogger shuggy said...

that's the beauty of it. this is YOUR blog. not anyone elses. so you can do whatever you want! if people don't like it, they don't have to read it!

blog on, sister.

October 22, 2009 at 10:21 AM  
Blogger Jessica Grosland said...

I'm realizing that I tend to forget what a great writer you are. I mean, I haven't read a lot of your stuff, usually we just talk. But I suppose I should have known that you would be a painter of beautiful words. I love you. :) And I'm glad you're blogging.

October 23, 2009 at 2:11 PM  
Blogger Carrie said...

ohhhhh, what a fantastic first post. I love your disclaimer. I wish I'd thought of that! Now, off to check out some of these offensive, messy posts. I know I'm going to love them.

Thanks for linking this up to my "First Post" Linky Party!

September 4, 2010 at 8:12 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home